- Reg. 387/16: Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste
- Reg. 388/16: Stewardship Ontario
- Consolidated MHSW Program Plan Volume I
- Consolidated MHSW Program Plan Volume II
- MHSW Program Agreement
- Automotive Materials Industry Stewardship Plan
- Automotive Materials Plan Agreement
- Paints and Coatings Industry Stewardship Plan
- Paints and Coatings Plan Agreement
- Pesticides Solvents and Fertilizers Industry Stewardship Plan
- Pesticides Solvents and Fertilizers Plan Agreement
- SodaStream Industry Stewardship Plan
- SodaStream Plan Agreement
The Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste Program we oversee allows Ontario residents to safely dispose of household products that require special handling, such as single-use batteries and propane tanks. We also oversee Industry Stewardship Organizations responsible for recovering additional hazardous waste products on behalf of producers, including automotive materials, paints, and solvents.
Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste Program
Stewardship Ontario is the not-for-profit, industry-funded organization that operates Ontario's Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste ("Orange Drop") Program on behalf of industry stewards. The Orange Drop Program operates a network of collection sites where residents can safely dispose of hazardous household products, such as single-use batteries and propane tanks.
Automotive Materials Stewardship it the Industry Stewardship Organization that manages the collection, recycling and management of used antifreeze, oil filters and oil containers.
Paints, Pesticides, Solvents and Fertilizers
Product Care Association is the Industry Stewardship Organization that operates industry-funded stewardship plans for paints & coatings, pesticides, solvents and fertilizers. Their "ReGeneration" programs operate collection sites where Ontario residents can safely dispose of these items.
SodaStream Canada operates the Industry Stewardship Plan for their proprietary refillable pressurized carbon dioxide cylinders.
MHSW Program Wind Up
On Thursday, April 12, 2018, the Minister of the Environment and Climate Change issued direction to Stewardship Ontario (SO) to wind up the Municipal Hazardous or Special Waste Program (MHSW) by December 31, 2020.