A (PRO) is a business established to contract with producers to provide collection, management and administrative services to help producers meet their regulatory obligations under the EEE Regulation, including:
- Arranging the establishment or operation of collection and management systems (hauling, recycling, reuse or refurbishment services)
- Establishing or operating a collection or management system
- Preparing and submitting reports
PROs operate in a competitive market and producers can choose the PRO (or PROs) they want to work with. The terms and conditions of each contract with a PRO may vary.
Signing up with a PRO
The following PRO is registered with the Authority. Click the PRO’s name for their contact information.
What are my obligations under the EEE Regulation?
As of January 1, 2023, lighting producers are individually accountable and financially responsible for collecting and reusing, refurbishing or recycling their products when consumers discard them.
Click the headings below to learn more about your obligations.
A PRO must register with the Authority within 30 days of being retained by a lighting producer.
If you are interested in registering as a PRO for lighting, contact our Compliance and Registry Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-833-600-0530.
Beginning in 2024, you will need to submit an annual performance report with the following information:
- Weight of lighting collected
- Weight of the processed materials and refurbished lighting managed by each lighting processor or refurbisher
- Weight of the processed and refurbished batteries managed by each battery processor or refurbisher
- Weight of refurbished lighting, including the weight of batteries removed from lighting that were refurbished
- Weight of recovered materials from processing the collected lighting
Collection and Management System Reporting
PROs acting on behalf of a producer are required to establish and operate a collection and management system and report the following information to the Authority on or before April 30, 2023:
- The location of every collection site in their system
- A description of their collection services
- Every hauler, processor or refurbisher that is part of their collection system
Annual Performance Reporting
For the first performance period of January 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023, producers are required to make best efforts to ensure that at least 30% of lighting they collected, or was collected on their behalf, is processed, refurbished or reused. , and every year thereafter, PROs will report on the extent to which a producer was able to achieve their management requirement.
Beginning in 2024, you will need to report the following information for each of your producer clients:
- Total weight of lighting collected
- Total weight of collected lighting that were refurbished
- Input the weight of materials recovered from processing the collected lighting (e.g. metals, plastics, etc.)
Beginning in 2024, PROs will be required to submit an audit verifying a producers performance reporting. The first audit, due in 2024, will be verifying performance for 2023. Performance is audited every three years for the previous three performance periods, meaning the second audit will be due in 2027 (for the performance years 2024, 2025 and 2026). The audit must be conducted in accordance with the Registry Procedure – Verification and Audit.