As the regulator responsible for enforcing Ontario’s Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) and Batteries Regulations, the Authority is offering further support to producers in meeting their registration requirements.
How to Register
If you are a producer of information technology, telecommunications, audio-visual equipment (ITT/AV) or batteries, click on the applicable registration form below and send it as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have heard from several producers that are having difficulty obtaining the supply data they need to complete their registration before the November 30 deadline. As a result, the Authority’s Registrar is giving producers until January 31, 2021 to complete their registration.
Register early to get your collection system ready
On January 1, 2021, ITT/AV producers become responsible for establishing and managing collection systems for their eligible products once the current program operated by Ontario Electronic Stewardship ends at the end of this year (this requirement for batteries producers began on July 1, 2020).
Registering with the Authority will determine your individual collection, management, promotion and education requirements. Knowing this information will allow you to contract with a Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO) to meet these requirements or otherwise ensure that you’re compliant with the regulations.
Get help with your registration
Need to know what counts as ITT/AV, what products you need to report or whether you qualify as a producer?
- Start by visiting our program webpages for detailed information about the new regulations, specific regulatory requirements, key dates and deadlines:
- Join our next webinar on Tuesday, November 17 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. where you can learn:
- How to determine if you are an obligated producer
- What ITT/AV products must be reported to the Authority
- How to determine the weight of ITT/AV supplied
- How to register
- Call or email our Compliance and Registry team, who are available to answer your questions and guide you through the registration process.
Contact us at email@example.com or call 647-496-0530 or toll-free 1-833-600-0530.