Producers are required to register and, depending on the Hazardous and Special Products (HSP) material, report their historical supply data to the Authority on or before November 30, 2021. Producers are also required to pay their 2021 Registry fee at the time of registration.
Additionally, here are a few FAQs that may help you get started:
Am I a producer under the new regulation?
A person is considered a producer under the HSP Regulation if they supply oil filters, oil containers, antifreeze, solvents, paints and coatings, pesticides, fertilizers, pressurized containers or refillable propane containers, fertilizers and mercury-containing barometers, thermometers or thermostats. For more information on who is obligated as a producer, visit our website.
I already reported my 2020 supply data to Stewardship Ontario through the WeRecycle Portal. Do I have to report again to the Authority?
Yes. You are required to submit 2018, 2019 and 2020 supply data when registering with the Authority if you are a producer of oil filters, oil containers, antifreeze, pesticides, solvents, paints and coatings, non-refillable pressurized containers or refillable pressurized containers and:
- supplied materials between January 1, 2018, and October 31, 2021, and
- your average weight of supply is above the threshold stated in this table
What are my other requirements under the regulation?
As of October 1, 2021, producers are required to establish and operate a collection and management system (excluding producers of fertilizers) and carry out promotion and education requirements (excluding producers of refillable pressurized containers and refillable propane containers). Additional reporting requirements begin at a later date. To learn more about your obligations, visit our website.
- Registration Form
- Review our HSP FAQs
- Check out the recording and presentation slides from our webinar focused on HSP producer requirements
- Visit our Hazardous and Special Products Regulation webpage and HSP producer webpage
- Contact the Compliance and Registry Team at email@example.com or call 647-496-0530 or toll-free at 1-833-600-0530