From October 2 to November 16, 2023, RPRA is consulting on the proposed fees for the Hazardous Waste Program Registry and for producer responsibility programs under the Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act, 2016 (RRCEA):
- Blue Box materials
- Hazardous and Special Products (HSP)
- Information Technology, Telecommunications and Audio-Visual (ITT/AV) equipment
Fees for producer responsibility programs are charges that producers pay to RPRA annually to cover its costs related to compliance and enforcement activities, and for building and operating the registry portals for each material category. Fees charged to users of the Hazardous Waste Program (HWP) Registry are for building and operating the registry and providing support to users. Fees for users of the Excess Soil Registry will be consulted on at a later date.
As in previous years, producers obligated under RRCEA regulations will be required to report their supply data and pay the associated fees to RPRA in 2024. More information on reporting requirements can be found on the program pages linked above.
This proposal outlines the proposed 2024 program fees and gives an overview of RPRA’s Cost Allocation Methodology. The proposed fee rates are estimates based on known information available at this time.
Provide your feedback
RPRA is hosting webinars to walk through the proposal, answer questions and gain feedback from program registrants and other interested stakeholders. Sessions are program-specific, but all sessions will provide an overview of all 2024 program fees for RRCEA producers and the Hazardous Waste Program. Click on the following links to register for the webinars:
- Proposed 2024 Fees for the Hazardous Waste Program Registry – Session 1
- October 10, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Proposed 2024 Fees for the Hazardous Waste Program Registry – Session 2
- October 16, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Proposed fees for Batteries, ITT/AV, Lighting and Tires producers
- October 17, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Proposed fees for Blue Box and HSP producers
- October 19, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Recordings of the webinars and presentation slides will be posted to RPRA’s website the day after they are held.
Feedback can also be submitted by email to email@example.com. All feedback must be received by RPRA on or before November 16, 2023.
Learn more about the proposed 2024 RRCEA Program and Hazardous Waste Program Registry fees and consultation process.