Between March 1 and March 19, 2021, the Authority consulted on the Industry Advisory Council’s proposed Terms of Reference, and solicited interest from members of the regulated producer community who wished to participate on the Council. Read the Consultation Report.
The Authority considered all comments received during the consultation to develop a revised draft Terms of Reference. This draft was finalized on April 22, 2021 after review by the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
On February 4, 2021, the Authority received a letter from the Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks directing it to establish an Industry Advisory Council (IAC or Council) under S.30 of the Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act, 2016.
The IAC represents a cross-section of the regulated producer community and is made up of 11 members appointed by the Authority in consultation with industry and the Ministry.
As outlined in the direction letter, the role and purpose of the Council is to:
- Provide advice and feedback to the Authority during the business planning process
- Provide feedback on matters the Authority is consulting on
- Provide feedback on other matters as determined by the Council
- Other matters relating to the Authority’s objects as specified by the Minister
The Council, however, does not:
- Make decisions pertaining to the operations and finances of the Authority
- Discuss specific compliance matters so as not to interfere with the independence of the Registrar
- Comment on government decision-making related to legislative, regulatory or policy changes
For more information, visit the Advisory Council webpage.