A Hazardous and Special Products (HSP) hauler is a person who arranges for the transport of HSP that are used by consumers in Ontario and are destined for processing, reuse, refurbishing or disposal. A person who arranges for the transport of HSP that they initially generated is not considered a hauler.
What are my obligations under the HSP Regulation?
Click the headings below to learn more about your obligations as an HSP hauler.
HSP haulers, also commonly referred to as a service provider, were required to register with the Authority by August 31, 2021. Producers, or PROs acting on their behalf, can only rely on service providers who are registered with the Authority.
To register, complete the registration form below and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Performance Report
Starting in 2023, haulers are required to submit a separate annual performance report for each HSP material they transport (excluding fertilizers) that includes the following information from the previous calendar year:
- The weight and type of materials picked up and delivered to a processor or disposal facility
- The weight and type of materials picked up and delivered to a processor or disposal facility from a collection service in Ontario
- The name and contact information of the person who operated the collection service
- The weight and type of materials provided to each processor or disposal facility and their name and contact information
- The name and contact information of the producer or PRO if the hauler belongs to a collection system
|Register with the Authority||*August 31, 2021|
|Submit Annual Performance Report||July 31, 2023|
|*The deadline in the HSP Regulation for hauler registration is July 31, 2021. The Authority recognized that additional time for registration was needed. Learn more.|
We are here to help you understand your requirements
To learn more about the HSP Regulation or to view past webinars and presentations, visit our Learning Series webpage on Understanding Ontario’s New Hazardous and Special Products Regulation.
If you have questions relating to the HSP Regulation, contact one of our Compliance and Registry Officers at email@example.com or 1-833-600-0530 for support.