Under s. 52 of the Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act, 2016, the Registrar may establish forms and procedures with respect to submitting information through the Registry or to the Authority. These must be published in the Registry.
Regulations made under the Act can incorporate documents by reference and can require compliance with those documents. The types of documents that may be incorporated by reference include registry procedures. An amendment to an incorporated document can also be incorporated by reference. This is achieved when notice of the amendment has been published by the Ministry in The Ontario Gazette or in the registry under the Environmental Bill of Rights, 1993.
The Registrar issues compliance bulletins to assist people in understanding what the regulatory requirements are and how to meet them. Compliance bulletins may also contain information about how particular regulatory requirements are being implemented.
Registry Reporting Guides
Registry Guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to register and submit reports in the Registry as well as answer FAQs about the Portal.
- Automotive Supply Reporting – Producer Guide
- Fertilizer Supply Reporting – Producer Guide
- Mercury-Containing Devices – Supply Reporting – Producer Guide
- Paints, Coatings and Solvents – Supply Reporting – Producer Guide
- Pesticides Supply Reporting – Producer Guide
- Pressurized Containers Supply Reporting – Producer Guide
- Refillable Propane Containers Supply Reporting – Producer Guide
- Sample Report – HSP Supply Data Verification
Have a question?
To learn more about the HSP Regulation or to view past webinars and presentations, visit our learning series page on Understanding Ontario’s New Hazardous and Special Products Regulation.
If you can’t find a document you’re looking for, or are in need of an older version, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.